“The collective power of a diverse group coming together to do something significant shouldn’t be underestimated.”
John Talbott, Ecovillage: 1001 Ways to Heal the Planet
We’re excited that you’re taking this step to create a shared future together. You are entering into an evolving process and the co-creation of a new way of living. We cannot guarantee that it will be smooth or perfect, but we can guarantee that there will be lots of learning along the way.
How to Proceed
Please read the FAQ’s thoroughly before completing this registration. This is a new and pioneering model. Please make sure that you are aware of what we are proposing before you register to participate. Come to our open days on Sat 13th and Sun 14th August.
1. Fill out the registration survey
The purpose of this registration survey is to gather some information on who you are, what your living aspirations are and what your vision of an eco village includes. We will (anonymously) share all responses with other registered community members and use these answers to help form the eco village.
2. Upon receipt of your completed survey, you will receive (via email) a link to a payment portal where you can pay your $1,000 registration fee and simultaneously sign up for the Village Development Program
- This fee is an investment that enables you to attend 5 workshops and 4 land days over 14 months;
- Each adult in a household is required to pay this registration fee to attend the workshops;
- The registration fee is non-refundable;
- Byron Community Centre offers a Byron Community No Interest Loans Scheme
3. By completing a minimum of 3 workshops & 3 field days, you will be able to apply to become a resident in the Eco Village.
We realise that your life is busy. We are scheduling these workshops at times of the year when they will be most accessible for you.
4. Upon completion you are eligible to apply to be a part of the community and its development.
Completing the Village Development Program does not guarantee a place in the eco village.
5. If accepted you can pay a bond to secure a home in Bruns Eco Village (amount TBA).
* Registration closes 31st August 2016 *
Click on and scroll down the survey below or click here to open it in a new window.